Friday, October 5, 2018

I don't understand art

I really don't understand some art. I saw this at the International Fine Print Dealer's Association's annual fair in NYC: 4 canvases pieced together suggestive of how you'd display the set in your home. Even IF I somehow decided this was... notable (? I'm not really sure how to describe it) enough to display in my home, why pay for it? Why not just DRAW it?


If lines aren't your thing, well:


Only $9,500!

Or maybe you want something that combines both lines and circles, approaching portraiture:

$14,000. I'm serious.

Or maybe we do away with conventional attempts to form shapes and regress to "Two Year Old With Pen" or "Me Drawing With My Toes":

$20,000! Put your toes (or two-year-olds) to good use!

I realize that art by famous artists is going to fetch a hefty sum but I'm still mystified!!