Wednesday, January 3, 2018

I can TELL that you didn’t check it.

Me (at car repair shop): "Please look specifically at the windshield fluid tank. I tried to fill it up and it all leaked out so something must be wrong."

Shop: "Yep, we'll be sure to check."

<Later>

Shop: "Your car is ready!"

Me: "Did you check the windshield fluid reservoir?"

Shop: "Yeah, it was fine."

Me: "Are you sure? I dumped a whole bottle of fluid in it yesterday and it all immediately leaked out right at my feet."

Shop: "Yeah, no idea why it would do that. It was fine."

Me: "Can I talk to the mechanic who checked the car?"

Shop: "He's gone. And anyway it's fine. Just come pick it up."

Me: "Can I come tomorrow when he's in?"

Shop: "Um, okay."

Me to hubby (installing inner Jersey Girl): "I know they didn't check it. Why would it suddenly be fixed?? I'm going there with a giant jug of water tomorrow and pouring it into the tank right in front of them! I want to see if it leaks out."

Next day:

Me (holding giant jug of water): Hi, I'm here for my car. Can I talk to the mechanic?

Shop: "Uh, okay... one second..."

5 minutes later: "Huh... funny thing. Turns out that the windshield fluid tank IS cracked after all. So weird!"

I knew it! Do not test the Jersey girl!